Hi, I am Pastor Gary Walton of Heritage Baptist Church. We are just south of Smith's restaurant in Bolivar, MO. right off 13 highway at U highway.
We are a Southern Baptist church which is based on the Word of God and exemplifying the Son of God, His life here on Earth, His sacrifice & resurrection. Our faith revolves around living as Jesus Christ lives through us.
We are an active church, which affords us a great, family atmosphere which we would love for you to become a part of. We welcome any and all who would love to worship with us - whether you are a current believer who is looking for a new church or are interested in learning more about the Christian faith. We hold Bible Communities every Sunday Morning at 9:15am for every age group. Morning Worship at 10:30 am. Child care is provided for morning service for ages birth through Pre-K.
Please take the time to enjoy our website and learn a little more about us. You are welcome to sign up for an online account and interact with us in any way you see fit in order to get to know us better. We also have a Prayer request section if you are in need of that ministry and we would be more than happy to pray for your request.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our website and learn more about us! Be blessed.
What We Believe
We here at Heritage Baptist Church believe in the "Baptist Faith & Message" as adopted by the Southern Baptist Convention (copies of our Church's official doctrinal statement are available at the church office). We believe that the Bible is the infallible, perfect Word of God, and that the Bible is essential to everything we do and teach. This belief, when contrasted with today's spiritual confusion and moral decay, compels us to make sure that we hear sound Biblical truth and divine revelation rather than human speculation. This belief system allows us to equip our people with a "Biblical World View" so that we might be the salt of the earth and the light of the world, as Christ commanded us to.
We also believe in meeting the needs of the community in which we live. As well as support ministries that extend all over the world. In cooperation with the Missouri Baptists and Southern Baptist Church (a combined 43,000 churches of like faith) we support over 10,300 missionaries around the world. We hope this demonstrates that along with our desire to honor our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ, we hope to be a blessing to both our community and to the world at large.
It is our hope that you will join with us to come together in unity, and to show love to all people as the New Testament commanded the church to do. We are a very friendly church that gathers as a community of God's children who love and care for each other, while also being a pillar and ground of truth (1 Timothy 3:15).
Sketch of Our Beliefs
- The Holy Bible as the divinely inspired Word of God - II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:15-21
- The Trinity of God - Acts 5:3-4, Colossians 2:9-10, Philippians 2:5-11, Matthew 28:17-20
- Total Depravity of Natural Man - Ephesians 2:1-3, Romans 1:21-23
- Salvation (Justification) by Grace Alone, through Faith Alone, in Christ Jesus Alone - Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 10:10 & 13
- Assurance of Salvation for the Believer - I John 5:9-13, Romans 8:9 & 16
- Eternal Security of the Believer - John 10:28-29, Psalms 37:23-24
- The Virgin Birth of Jesus Christ - Isiah 7:14, Matthew 1:18-25, Luke 1:26-38
- His Blood Atonement - Romans 3:24-25, Hebrews 9:14 & 22
- His Bodily Resurrection - Acts 2:24, Luke 24:6 & 34, I Corinthians 15:3-4
- Person and Work of the Holy Spirit - John 14-16, I Corinthians 3:16, Ephesians 1:13-14
- The Autonomy of the Local Church - Acts 6:3-5, Matthew 18:15-20
- World Wide Missions a Church Obligation - Matthew 28:18-20, Acts 1:8
- A Regenerated Church Membership - John 3:2-8, Titus 3:5
- Personality of Satan - II Corinthians 11:3 & 13-15, Ephesians 6:10-13, I Peter 5:8
- The Reality of Heaven and Hell - Matthew 23:33, Mark 9:42-48, Revelation 19:11-15, Revelation 21:1-22
- The Priesthood of the Believer - I Peter 2:5-6 & 9-10
- Two Ordinances: Baptism by Immersion and the Lord's Supper - Matthew 28:19, Acts 10:47, Luke 22:14-20, I Corinthians 11:23-32